Lucian UNGUREAN, Public Dissertation of PhD Thesis
Thesis Title: "Rechargeable batteries state of health assesment for battery powered embedded systems"
- President: Professor Emeritus Dr. Eng. Vladimir-Ioan CREȚU (Politehnica University of Timisoara)
- Scientific leader: Professor Habil Dr. Eng. Mihai V. MICEA (Politehnica University of Timișoara)
- Professor Dr. Eng. Nicolae ȚĂPUȘ (Politehnica University of București)
- Professor Dr. Eng. Sergiu NEDEVSCHI (Technical University of Cluj-Napoca)
- Professor Dr. Eng. Mircea POPA (Politehnica University of Timișoara)
Due to recent technological development the number of battery powered devices has increased. Therefore, there is a tremendous need to maximize the battery health by monitoring the battery parameters and also to decide with very high accuracy when the battery cannot be used anymore and has to be replaced. Battery management systems play a key role for this problem and their complexity has grown nowadays from simple charge/discharge monitors to complex systems which monitor different battery parameters, provide SoH estimation and control the battery operating temperature. More here.
Note: Persons interested in attending the public hearing may request registration for the online session by e-mail at the address alin.anton(at)cs.upt.ro, at least 72 hours before the date and time set for the support.