Marius BABA, Public Dissertation of PhD Thesis
Thesis title: „BEHAVIOR CLASSIFICATION USING VIDEO SENSOR NETWORKS IN URBAN ENVIRONMENTS”
- President: Professor Emeritus Dr. Eng. Vladimir Ioan CREȚU (Politehnica University of Timișoara)
- Scientific leader: Professor Emeritus Dr. Eng. Ionel JIAN (Politehnica University of Timisoara)
- Professor Dr. Eng. Gavril TODEREAN (Technical University of Cluj)
- Professor Dr. Eng. Alexandru CICORTAŞ (Vest University of Timișoara)
- Professor Dr. Eng. Ştefan HOLBAN (Politehnica University of Timișoara)
The aim of the work is to develop video analysis algorithms that allow the automatic detection of violent behavior in urban areas using a network of video sensors. Algorithms use video analysis techniques that do not require complex calculations and thus allow each camera in the network to process the collected video data individually.
This approach makes it possible to analyze a large volume of data and at the same time improves the detection performance of events of interest in the surveillance system. In order to capture such events, you first need a network of video sensors and real-time video content analysis. The idea behind this approach is that once the suspicious event is detected, it must be sent to the competent authorities as soon as possible in order to take swift action to combat these dangerous situations.