UPT Quantum Hub
The first UPT Quantum Hub workshop aims to catalyze a Quantum ecosystem in Timișoara. We want to gather lecturers, IT professionals, undergraduate, master's, and Ph.D. students interested in the new computational and communication technologies that arise in the quantum domain. The workshop will consist of introductory lectures designed to spark interest in the scientific and technical topics associated with the Quantum domain. In this regard, we bring speakers from Equal1, a startup developing a commercial quantum processor, ATOS Romania, a company researching quantum communication impact on the future of cybersecurity, and from the Politehnica University of Timișoara, who are involved in the national RoNaQCI project.
UPT Quantum Hub is part of the national research project RoNaQCI - Romanian National Quantum Communication Infrastructure.
The proposed program is:
Thursday, September 28
- 14:00-15:00 An introduction to quantum computing: Key concepts and algorithms (Mihai Udrescu, UPT)
- 15:00-16:00 Quantum algorithms modelling with IBM Qiskit (Sebastian Ardelean, UPT)
- 16:00-18:00 An introduction to quantum physics (Elena Blokhina, Equal1)
Friday, September 29
- 10:00-12:00 Quantum computing and computational complexity theory (Niall Murphy, Equal1)
- 12:00-14:00 Quantum Computing using Eviden Qaptiva (Michael Bauer, Eviden Germany)
Location: UPT Central Library (Biblioteca UPT), Bd. V. Pârvan Nr. 2b, 300223 – Timişoara, Conference Center, Room K1.
Free access. Sign up here: https://bit.ly/QuantumTM
The event is organized at the initiative of Mihai Udrescu (UPT) and Valentin Mureșan (Equal1), with the support of IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology (SSIT), Romania Section.