Mircea STRATULAT awarded Professor Emeritus
Dr. ing. Mircea STRATULAT has been awarded Professor Emeritus by the Politehnica University of Timisoara, as per the Decision of the Senate of the UPT, no. 88/ 12.04.2021,
for the remarkable didactic, scientific and management results, as well as his contributions to the development of the Department of Computer and Information Technology and of the Politehnica University of Timisoara, throughout his professional activity since 1973.
Professor Dr. Eng. Mircea Stratulat (b. 1947) is conducting for over 49 years a remarkable academic and scientific activity at the Politehnica University of Timisoara, Department of Computer and Information Technology, as one of the contributing members of the first department and the first university-level study program in Computing in Romania, which were launched in our University.
Along his academic career he published, at international and national level, over 120 scientific papers, 14 books surpassing a total of 4000 pages and 20 academic handbooks. He is an author of 3 inventions and received 2 innovation patents. He was involved in over 25 research and development grants and contracts, out of which 5 were coordinated by him as director or principal investigator, on high interest topics in the field of computer science and engineering. He is a PhD supervisor in Computer and Information Technology since 1996.
His scientific activity in the area of electronic computers and information technology has been focused towards a set of particular topics of high importance and interest, such as: design and development of digital integrated circuits, design and implementation of computing systems based on various microprocessors, design and development of data acquisition and conditioning systems, logic circuits simulators, computing system validation and testing methods.
Throughout his over 49 years of academic activity within the UPT Department of Computer and Information Technology, professor Stratulat has founded and taught a significant number of new courses, such as: "Semiconductor Memories", "Integrated Circuits", "Optic Memories for Computer Systems", "Data Acquisition Systems", "Digital Data Transmission over Optic Fibers".
Professor Mircea Stratulat was a Vice-dean of the Faculty of Automation and Computing for 8 years (2004 - 2012), being especially in charge with the infrastructure and financial resource of the faculty. During 1999 - 2003, he participated to the coordination and development of a short-term academic studies program (SSD) in the Computing area, with the financial support of a 150000 EUR contract with the World Bank, which he executed as a director.
Professor Stratulat is, or was, a member in a significant number of scientific and professional committees, which prove both the national and international levels of visibility and recognition of his activity:
- Professional member of the ACM (since 1995);
- Member of the IEEE (since 2001);
- Member of the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society, IEEE Computer Society and IEEE
Communications Society (since 2004);
- Founding member of IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Society (since 2004);
- Mentioned in "The International Directory of Distinguished Leadership", 2001;
- Awarded with the "Certificate of Appreciation", IEEE;
- Awarded with the medal "Loyal Member", IEEE;
- Awarded several times by the "Stiinta si Tehnica" journal, for his scientific and technical results;
- Member of the International Scientific Board of the WoS indexed journal "Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering";
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the international conferences SACI and CONTI;
- Expert evaluator of CNCSIS (1999 - 2005);
- Expert evaluator of ANSTI (2000 - 2002).