Cosmin MARȘAVINA, Public Dissertation of PhD Thesis
Thesis Title: "Static Constructs: Evolution and Impact on Software Quality Aspects"
- President: Professor Dr. Eng. Horia Ciocârlie (Politehnica University of Timisoara)
- Scientific leader: Professor Dr. Habil. Eng. Mihai V. MICEA (Politehnica University of Timisoara)
- Professor Dr. Eng. Vasile I. MANTA (Technical University "Gheorghe Asachi" of Iași)
- Professor Dr. Eng. Alin D.SUCIU (Technical University of Cluj-Napoca)
- Professor Emeritus Dr. Eng. Vladimir-Ioan CREȚU (Politehnica University of Timisoara)
Testing was highlighted as one of the key activities when developing complex software systems. There are several quality aspects that are closely related to the testing process, including testability, change-proneness, and defect-proneness. Little research has been done on specific problems in the production code that affect these aspects. In this thesis, we present a methodology that can be followed to study the evolution and the impact on software quality of a particular design flaw. The applicability of the proposed approach is demonstrated for a specific category of design flaws, static constructs. An empirical study was performed which includes 11 open-source projects. Through this study a series of interesting results were obtained with regard to the presence, evolution, and effect on the aforementioned software quality aspects of different types of static constructs. More here.