Felicia Mirabela COSTEA, Public Dissertation of PhD Thesis
Thesis title: „Contributions in the Field of Generative Models Applied in eLearning”
- President: Professor Dr. Eng. Horia Ciocârlie (Politehnica University of Timisoara)
- Scientific leader: Professor Emeritus Dr. Eng. Vladimir Ioan CREȚU (Politehnica University of Timișoara)
- Professor Dr. Eng. Rodica POTOLEA (Technical University of Cluj-Napoca)
- Professor Dr. Eng. Cornelia Aurelia GYŐRÖDI (University of Oradea)
- Professor Dr. Eng. Ciprian CHIRILĂ (Politehnica University of Timișoara)
This thesis focuses on the development and implementation of an approach based on auto-generative learning objects (AGLO) to facilitate e-learning and assessment for the disciplines of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). The topic is even more topical as the use of e-learning objects has seen a huge increase in 2020 amid the restrictions imposed by the pandemic generated by the Sars-CoV-2 virus.
The e-learning term has become an important concept in the evolution of education. Broadly speaking, eLearning (or e-learning) means the totality of educational situations in which the means of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) are used significantly. The computer and electronic/multimedia materials are used as support in teaching, learning, evaluation, or as a means of communication. Currently, the e-learning term has practically replaced all the terms that designate a new way of integrating ICT in the training process.