Information on Master graduation evaluations and the Dissertation Thesis:
- Results of the graduation evaluations
- Schedule of the graduation evaluations
- Registration procedure for the Dissertation exam
- Master graduation evaluation - the Dissertation exam
- Information on the Dissertation thesis
The results of the graduation evaluations will be available in the Virtual Campus.
|Registration for the dissertation exam||
September 6-7, 2021
|Dissertation examinations||September 10, 2021|
The examination schedule will be available on the Virtual Campus.
The examination boards are available here.
The entire registration process is described in the Virtual Campus section, allocated as a course to the dissertation exam.
Some important excerpts regarding the Master graduation evaluations, specified in the above-mentioned regulations:
- The dissertation exam will be carried out online, using the resources of the specialized platform for online education, UPT Virtual Campus (CVUPT), available at the Politehnica University of Timisoara.
- The application for the dissertation exam will be done online, according to the instructions and the calendar established by the Faculty Council, for each study program. The application file must also contain the declaration, signed by the candidate (in electronic format), regarding the rights and obligations the candidate has during the online examination procedure, the declaration on the technical means the candidate will use during the examination, as well as the express consent of the of personal data processing.
- The online sessions of the dissertation exam will be recorded in full audio-video for each candidate and archived at the faculty level, and will remain confidential.
- To carry out the online dissertation exam, the candidates and the members of the Evaluation boards must use the following: student card/ identity card (in the case of candidates), computer/ laptop/ tablet; internet connection; audio-video communication equipment. Each candidate will declare individually, on his/ her own responsibility, the means of communication that will use during the exam. Use of such equipment (computer/ laptop/ tablet; internet connection; audio-video communication equipment) is also necessary for the persons requesting to assist to the defense of the Dissertation Thesis.
- The candidates will join the video-conference sessions for the dissertation exam according to the schedule and specifications posted by the secretary of the Evaluation board.
- Upon the start of the exam, the candidate must identify himself/ herself, by presenting the identity card or student card in front of the video camera, and to transmit live, through the video camera, the environment in which he/ she is carrying the exam.
- The exam takes place exclusively live.
- During the examination, the following cases are forbidden: the presence/ access of another person in the exam environment of the candidate; communication of the candidate with another person excepting the members of the Evaluation board; share of the candidate's presentation screen with other persons except the members of the Evaluation board; candidate leaving the exam environment; interruption of the exam; any other cases and acts which could potentially lead to exam fraud.
- During the examination, the candidate must not use or possess in the exam environment other means of information and communication which have not been expressly approved.
- The members of the Evaluation board have the right to ensure that in the exam environment of the candidate there are no other means of data access/ communication, other than those used by the candidate during the exam, as well as no other means of information (regardless of their type). To exercise this obligation, the members of the Evaluation board may ask the candidate, both before and during the examination, clarifications on the objects that would present reasonable indications that they may be means of information.
- The practical demonstrations of the Dissertation project, if any, will be shown during or at the end of each dissertation presentation, in "live" manner or by use of some demo video recordings.
- The grade of the dissertation exam is calculated as the arithmetic average of the marks issued by the president and the members of the Evaluation board. The minimum grade required to pass the dissertation exam is 6. The marks of the president and the members of the Evaluation board are integer numbers, between 1 and 10. The average result for dissertation exam is calculated with two decimals, without rounding.
Some important excerpts regarding the Dissertation thesis, specified in the above-mentioned regulations:
- The topic of the Dissertation is established by a faculty member with the scientific title of doctor, who assumes the quality of Dissertation supervisor, together with the master student. The topic is correlated with the Master study program, with the field of expertise of the Dissertation supervisor and with the institutional policy of the UPT.
- The development and presentation of the Dissertation thesis are usually done in the Romanian language, but can be done in another language of international circulation, if there is the consent of the supervisor. If the Master study program is thought in a foreign language of international circulation, then the development and presentation of the Dissertation thesis must be done in that language.
- The Dissertation Thesis must comply with the specifications of Annex 1a. or Annex 1b. ("Dissertation Thesis Summary"), from the Regulations for writing and presenting the Dissertation Thesis, depending on the language of the Master program, while also considering the comments and suggestions of the supervisor
- The first page of the thesis will be formatted according to the templates in Annex 3a or Annex 3b of the same Regulations, depending on the language of the Master program
- Candidates will submit to their supervisors a CD/DVD with the following elements:
- The Dissertation Thesis in *.pdf format
- The oral presentation support files of the thesis (such as the *.ppt or *.pdf files)
- A photo of the candidate
- A statement, filled in according to Annex 4 of the Regulations, to indicate the candidate's position as author or co-author of the scientific paper published in the field of the Dissertation Thesis
- The application(s) developed with the thesis, in fully functional version, as well as the corresponding commented source code
- All the project results, tests, experiments, simulations, graphics, existing annexes, user manuals, as well as the electronic version of the documentation and references used with the thesis
In the case of co-supervised Dissertation Theses (such as those developed jointly with a company in the field), where particular approaches regarding to intellectual property (IP) are applicable, the supervisors will agree on the minimum amount of code and results to be published from each thesis, such as to permit their technical evaluation by the Dissertation Board.
- The Dissertation Thesis will first be evaluated by the supervisor(s), by filling in and signing an evaluation form, according to Annex 2. "Dissertation Thesis Evaluation Form". This evaluation form will be appended to the Dissertation thesis.